Winter College Prep Camp Registration OPEN for January 2019.
The Winter College Prep Camp is open to boys, high school age only, looking to play collegiate soccer. Camp environment is indoor, combine-like setting with enhanced instruction from collegiate coaches from around our region.
2019 General Camp Information
- CHECK-IN – Begins at 10:30a.m. EST on Saturday, January 5, 2019 at the Mellencamp Pavilion (Map of Athletics Facilities), just northwest of the Assembly Hall basketball arena and north of Memorial Football Stadium (1001 E. 17th St., Bloomington, IN 47408) in the same parking lot. Please make every effort to arrive on time. If you know you will be arriving late for registration, please text player’s name and estimated arrival time to (812) 219-6811. The first training session begins at 10:30am on Saturday with Check-In beginning at 9:15am. Players must be present at check-in. There will be one training group of players in 2019, limited to 60 field players and 8 goalkeepers.
- TRANSPORTATION/SHUTTLE SERVICE – Please note: Parents are responsible for their son’s travel arrangements. The Indianapolis International Airport is approximately one hour from campus. Helpful numbers: Go Express Travel (800) 589-6004, www.bloomingtonshuttle.com. Classic Touch Limo (800) 319-0082, www.classictouchlimo.com. Check shuttle appointment times prior to choosing your flight. For more information about the Bloomington area, visit www.visitbloomington.com. For additional information about Indiana University, call or click IU Admissions (812) 855-0661.
The camp provides a shuttle between the hotel and training sessions (see hotel option, below).
- PLAYER HOTEL OPTIONS/ROOMMATE – During online registration, if you selected “Camper Hotel Room” as a financial option (additional fee at group rate), we will reserve a hotel room for your player for Friday and Saturday nights at the Holiday Inn (1710 North Kinser Pike, Bloomington, IN 47404 Phone: (812) 334-3252) or the adjoining Comfort Inn. Players will be assigned a room and roommate prior to arrival at camp. Roommate requests (made at least 3 days prior to camp) will be honored when possible. If no specific roommate is requested, roommates of similar age will be assigned. Two players per hotel room. Parent(s) may stay with player in a “Family Hotel Room” if purchased at time of registration (additional fee at group rate). If you would like to add the hotel option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least three (3) days prior to camp. Limited quantities of rooms are available.
- MEALS– Players eat meals on their own, with various choices within walking distance of the Holiday Inn. Camp shuttle service is provided to and from hotel for training sessions only. A light breakfast buffet is provided with hotel stay.
- LOST AND FOUND – The camp will not assume responsibility for lost or stolen articles. Campers should put their name on all belongings, including their soccer ball. Place name and address in wallet.
- INSURANCE – The parent/guardian must provide primary insurance for their player. The Indiana Soccer Camp will only carry a supplemental accident and health policy. Your insurance information was completed during your online registration. No signatures are required at camp check-in.
- HEALTH INFORMATION – Players should be in good physical condition and in good health to attend camp. PROOF OF PHYSICAL EXAM IS NOT REQUIRED. Trainers will be at registration to discuss any health condition that may require attention during the week. Players should break in new shoes before attending camp to avoid blisters and discomfort.
- CONTACTING PLAYERS DURING CAMP – Most players bring their own cell phone to the winter camp. If your player does not have a phone or you need to reach them in an emergency, please call (812) 219-6811 or the Holiday Inn (812) 334-3252.
- SUNDAY PICK-UP – Training Sessions conclude Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 4:30 pm. Parents are welcome to observe any training sessions.
10:30am-12:00pm: Training Session
4:30pm-6:30pm: Training Session 7v7
9:30am-11:00am: Training Session
11:00am-12:00pm: College Talk and Facilities Tour
3:00pm-4:30pm: Training Session Full Sided Matches